Au Pairs are legal drivers in Colorado with their home country license and international license together.

Colorado law is to get a CO driver’s license within 90 days.

Please let me know if any of the 3rd party links are broken as I have no way to know unless someone tells me

You can schedule the written and driving tests here.

Documents to Bring

  • I-94
  • Passport
  • DS-2019
  • Social Security Number
  • program participation letter from CCAP (in your online account)
  • home country driver’s license + international license
  • proof of address (2)
    • Examples you can use:
      • program participation letter
      • order some stamps from USPS

Note: German and French au pairs do not have to take the written and driving tests because of an agreement between the US and Germany/France. You still need to take all the documents listed above and tell them you have a German/French drivers license and you want the Colorado license.